Friday, August 3, 2007

0 to crabby in 60 seconds

I'm in a terrible mood today. I must have been soundly sleeping for the better half of the night on my right side, because an excruciating pain woke me up around 5:30 in my right hip. I still haven't mastered the side-lay position where one knee is jutted out a bit further from the other to staggar the hips. Most of my side sleeping is done straight on my side. A combination of a full sized bed and 54 pillows of every shape and size to conform under and around my sore body makes it difficult to take up a such sleeping position. But I digress. I woke up with this pain...no, with a PAIN in my hip.

And my left shoulder was hurting from the little bit of sleeping that got done on the left side. And my stomach is too heavy for back sleeping.
And the graphing calculator and engineering degree needed to arrange said pillows for the possiblity of stomach sleeping was out of my reach at 5:30 this morning.

So after a frustrated hissy fit, some absolute moaning, realization that I couldn't even sit up in bed because that put pressure on my hip, and a failed attempt to sit up with Nic and lay/lean against him, I just got up. I showered and came into work an hour early. I'll probably duck out a bit early. And I've scheduled a massage for myself tonight and I'm meeting with a chiropractor tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll sleep well this weekend.

Oh, and all of this along with too much caffeine this morning has left me very crabby today. I'm glad it's a quiet day.

No comments: