Thursday, August 2, 2007

so busy!

The countdown is on. Today is August 2nd. I'm due September 6th...if I can hold out that long. If the restless nights get worse and worse by the end of the month, I'm gonna slam a glass of midwife recommended castor oil screwdriver. That's right. Castor oil, vodka, and OJ. Likely I'll wait until I'm done with scheduled work shifts before trying that method, though.

So the pressure is on to get a lot done in the next month. I say "a lot" instead of everything....because I know EVERYTHING I want to get done just won't. However, we're making good progress. We've set the ball in motion to refinance the house. Our renovations added a ton of equity on the house. That, along with some other small financial decisions and adjustments will hopefully make our money-related dealings slightly easier. The floor should be laid in the baby's room after this weekend and I'm guessing we'll be doing the bulk of the set-up work in the room next week. I don't think any of this will feel real until there is a crib and a dresser with onesies in it, rather than a sunroom filled with gift bags and boxes.

Speaking of our sunroom, we're gonna be able to get rid of a lot of crap in our sunroom as well! If you are in the market for a full sized mattress and two full sized box springs that are all ripped apart by cat claws, and have likely all been peed on by one or more of four cats....then stop by our house before the garbage comes next Tusday morning. They're yours for free! Did I mention the mattress is so lumpy and old that you will likely have back pain? Come and get it! Also in the mix is the papazan chair I told my friend I'd take off her hands, but I realized it's just another thing for the cats to pee on/shed on in the sunroom. Getting. Rid. Hopefully, we'll be making one or two HUGE trips to Goodwill to get rid of boxes and boxes of my clothes and shoes that have remained packed since last move. I feel lighter just thinking of it all!

I'm hoping to assemble all the items in my overnight bag for the hospital over the next week or so. Clothes, comfort items, a few vials of assorted essential oils for various things, print ups of the birth plan, etc. And I'm off to pick up an infant car seat/stroller combo from my friend Maren soon. Other than doing our best to keep up with chores, those are all the major things I wanted to get done before the baby comes. I've already started lightening my responsibilities at work....so I'm actually feeling somewhat ready.

As for physical updates...nothing too major to report. Belly button is still an innie. Baby hasn't dropped yet (though my appetite is starting to increase....I'm still getting the reflux and the shortness of breath). Have felt a Braxton Hicks contraction here and there over the last few months, but I'm certainly not feeling/noticing any now. The Snoogle body pillow, otherwise known as the best idea EVER, has been a godsend to sleep with. However I did have a rough night with it last night. I'm finding that if I don't get a brief walk in at some point, it's harder and more uncomfortable to fall asleep at night.

Hmmmmm....think that's it for the day. I could go on, as you well know. But I think I'll stop there. And daydream about the frozen chocolate dipped bananas in my freezer at home....sigh...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i wish you the bestest of lucK! sorry we couldn't make it to the shower or afford a present. the house is still in its own infantile stage. hopefully, you, nick and lola can come see it soon. :)

i'll be thinking about you and your reflux.

Smashalina Jolie said...

no worries! and congrats on your house!

i'm really excited to see it. hopefully we can drive up when i'm on maternity leave for a visit!