Monday, November 5, 2007

And She's Here

Okay. Anyone who reads this blog already knows that the baby has come. And she is rad. You have either met her or seen pictures of her. You also have a forgiving nature for my lack of posting because you know I'm a new mommy. That said, I'm finally finding time to update this page about our adventures.

She's 10 weeks old today, but just had her 2 month birthday on Saturday. How's that for math? She had her 2 month check up this afternoon and she is right average for weight and height but super alert and active and is fixin' to start rolling over soon. Her eyes are huge and she smiles, well, most of the time. And she's started talking. Or cooing, rather. She's does "ah-oooooh" and "cooooo" pretty well. Should I be excited that her babble is already polysyllabic?

I'll go back and fill in the blanks as best I can in this blog. But to sum everything up so far I will say that being a mommy to such a cute baby is a great ego trip. Not only does a cute baby only make his or her parents more attractive, but everyone wants to be the one to make the cute baby smile. When you get to be one of two people that can always make that happen, you feel pretty big.

Okay. Gotta run. She's up from a nap and fussy. First run of immunizations so she's not feeling too hot.

No comments: