Friday, February 16, 2007

Vacation!

It's Friday morning and we're leaving for vacation tonight! I wish that we had the money or the time to get down to New Orleans and Florida like we had planned. Some sunshine would be very theraputic and I miss my old city and my good friend Cherie so much. But not knowing how I was going to feel during this time, combined with no vacation time and money being tight and we decided to stay close to home. We got a good deal on a hotel just off of Michigan avenue and we're going to have a quick weekend away.

Tomorrow we'll be at the Science and Industry museum. I've never been there and I'm really excited to go. Body Worlds 2 is the big exibit there now and I've always wanted to see it. http://www.bodyworlds.com/index.html We also have tickets to see a film at the museum's omnimax theater on Hurricane Katrina. It won't get me as close to the city as I wanted to get, but it's something. Throw in a couple of dinners and a Sunday trip to Ikea and we've got the makings for a fun weekend.

I finally got a digital camera last weekend, so hopefully I'll start posting pictures on this site. Of vacation, pictures of house projects, and if you're lucky....my (soon to be) fat stomach. But seriously, don't hold your breath on that last one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the mirror thing made me all goosebumpy and weepy. nice!