Thursday, March 15, 2007

I broke up with my (American Idol) Boyfriend

I would just like to start out by saying I think Brandon was robbed. There is this crazy internet movement to keep Sanjaya because he's so terrible. Unless you watch American Idol, you have no idea what I'm talking about. Just know that because my American Idol boyfriend was the first of the top 12 to get cut, I've had to break up with him.

But I'm not going to go on about that. This posting is acutally about the fact that I will need bigger clothes. I don't have a belly yet, but I tried to wear an article of clothing that used to fit fine and is now skin tight. I have a few lines out on maternity clothes, and my mom is taking me shopping this weekend. I want to be pre-emptive so I'm not completely stuck when by belly decides to pop out sometime in the next month or so.

I've also decided that I'm going to take the maximum 3 months maternity leave. This will be a bit of a financial challenge, but I do have most of the year to set aside money for the 3 payperiods I won't receive a paycheck. Every day at work I obsessively multiply what I receive each pay period for sick and vacation time times number of pay periods before I go on leave. This whole having a baby thing gives me lots to research and plan. And I love researching and planning things. It makes me feel like I have some sort of control over this thing I have no control over.

In other news, Nic's surgery went great. He did better than I did in recovery, actually. While we were sitting there in his day surgery hospital room, I was looking at the bloody gauze under his nose and suddenly felt faint. My vision was blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out. I had one doctor and two nurses scrambling to get me a chair to recline in, ice water, and a cold washcloth. I told Nic he was totally allowed to get all woozy and pass out when I go into labor. Not that he would need my permission to faint or anything, but if I can't handle a touch of dried blood on a piece of gauze, I can't be mad if he gets all sickey during labor. Anyway, he's recovering. Still on soft foods and is in a lot of pain when his Percoset wears off, but doing well.

I think that's it. I'm going out on Friday night with a bunch of girls from my derby team for pizza and dancing and knocking back n/a beer. Well, I'll be doing that last one. And probably just one or two. They give me gas. I miss being around them and can't wait.

That's it for today, folks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for pizza!!! I'm going to try and do an N/A night because I'm sick and boozin' makes me want to smoke cigs. The problem is my willpower ain't got nothing on my inner lush. Hrm.