Thursday, March 29, 2007

Usually, I'm not quite this sappy. However, I am going to marry the most amazing person on the planet.

So I've been having near-weekly breakdowns. Mostly stress-induced as you've likely been gathering from previous posts. Coordinating financial deadlines and scheduling this and that and do I need a diaper champ or a diaper genie? Not to mention I was starting to feel a little isolated from the world. Now, I gotta say, I have so many friends who have adjusted their social activities to hang out with me. But there are a number of people I just don't see anymore because I'm not a regular nightlife fixture anymore. And that was starting to bum me out. Not just not going out to the bars, but feeling like I went from having a very active social life to not seeing anyone but Nic, my roomate, and the cats.

So he orchestrated this big night out on a random Wednesday. We did sushi with another couple that Nic is good friends with--and she is pregnant too! Then we all went over to the Landmark for n/a drinks where, one by one, my friends and Nic's friends were just happening to show up. As each one got there and made it over to the table I exclaimed how funny it was to see them and what a coincidence it was to see them there. I didn't get until my derby team had showed up and a bunch of Nic's friends showed up that it was all a rouse! A very well planned and thoughtful rouse. Nic wanted to plan a night for just for me so he had derby and non-derby friends show up. Some with gifts--books from Wendy and those Greek pistashios(!) and a cute onesie from Jenerous Beatings. It was all so kind and thoughtful and I definately don't feel left out of the world now. We had a great time.

Words can't express how thankful I am to everyone who came to the party. And to Nic for organizing it. It was a small gesture that had a huge effect. I still may worry about money here and there, but as long as I have that Mexi-talian by my side, everything will be ok.

No comments: